About North Western
Situated close to the Gladstone Park Shopping Centre, North Western District Private Nursing Home, provides high level care nursing to 82 residents.
Rooms are available in single or double configurations with ensuites. Our specialised Dementia Unit provides room and care for 14 residents. In addition to creating a comfortable and relaxing environment, we have also created a specialised Dementia Outdoor Walkway, with beautiful soft pictures along all walls, allowing for a relaxing walking environment. In addition, North Western District Private Nursing Home also has 4 unfunded low care beds.
There are 3 lounge rooms, dining room and a large function room which is available for private family gatherings, meetings and spiritual worship.
A comprehensive range of services is offered to residents. In addition to providing services from within our facility, access to a wide range of services operating within the wider local community is also available.
The following services are offered to residents:
- Care Planning: Every month an evaluation is made to see if any changes to the care plan are required
- Medical Care
- Dietician: A dietician visits the facility on a regular basis and reviews the nutritional needs of residents
- Leisure & Interests, individual and group activities
- Dental Services: There is a free dental services provided by the dental hospital
- Hairdresser, visits weekly
- Clothing & Laundry: A full laundry services operates at no additional cost
- Meals: A 4-week rotating menu provides a variety of meals and refreshments.
- Television & Radio
- Public and Private Telephone
- Participation in the Austin Hospital’s Respecting Patient Choices program, providing each resident with the autonomy and respect towards their decision making.